Follow these instructions to update the local group's WePay Account Admin.
When your WePay administrator has changed, you'll need to update your WePay account with the contact information for the new admin.
Who can initiate this request? The current WePay admin can make the switch as part of their transition, or the new admin can request the update. Either way, this must be done by submitting a ticket to WePay Customer Support.
>>Tip: We suggest that you log in to submit the request to WePay from within your OurLodgePage site (Dashboard > Groupable Payments) so they know which account you are referring to.
When you are unsure of the WePay login credentials and/or no longer have access to the former WePay admin, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to assist in the transfer.
1. If the existing Account Administrator has only one WePay Merchant Account:
he or she can simply transfer ownership of the Organization's WePay Merchant Account to a new administrator:
WePay will need to review the following for the new admin:
- The new e-mail address for the account (to avoid changing the account email, see below for suggestions to use a non-personal email address for your local group such as email@example.com)
- Government-issued photo ID for the new account admin (Valid U.S. passport OR State or Government issued ID)
- A screenshot of groupable|m2 > Info/Officers screen that links the incoming Merchant Account Admin with the organization:
- See example highlighting the Tax ID, Legal Name, and Secretary Name on this screenshot:
4. The new admin must also provide written confirmation that they have reviewed and confirmed WePay's Terms of Service. (WePay will likely ask for this from within the support ticket)
These requirements come from federal banking laws that require financial institutions to gather this information. WePay is required to do is determine whether or not you are authorized to open an account on a behalf of the organization. For more information on this requirement - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Customer_Identification_Program
2. If the existing Account Administrator has more than one WePay Merchant Account under one email login:
The WePay Merchant Account cannot be transferred to another administrator.
- The existing or new administrator must notify Groupable requesting the current Merchant Account to be unlinked from OLP.
- The new administrator can then create a new WePay Merchant Account.
>>Tip: To make transfer of email ownership easier, we highly suggest using a different email address such as firstname.lastname@example.org (or something similar) for each Merchant Account.
Since WePay requires a photo ID and SSN, the outgoing Secretary is not going to want their information tied to this account any longer.
At the Secretary transition, the new Secretary will need to provide this information to WePay as outlined above. Whenever the Secretary role changes hands, the outgoing Secretary will pass on the email login credentials to the new Secretary.
After the WePay Account Admin has been updated:
When the new Admin has confirmed their user account and created a password, the new Admin will need to re-enter the customer verification information immediately in order to resume accepting payments.
- Log in to the account at https://www.WePay.com/login
- Click the blue bar at the top of the WePay screen to verify the account information
- Re-enter the business name and EIN, address,