Find here what to do...
- When your Chart of Accounts has historical and duplicate accounts visible
- When the prior secretary had a period of disuse or inactivity entering financial data
- When you started entering financials or payments mid-year, and need to set your new Budget Period
- When your Dues Owed aren’t up-to-date
- When other loose ends require cleanup
This task can be completed in approximately 30-90 minutes of time and is the best way to get started in m2 when you're not sure how to make sense of the financial data in place.
Access: lodgeAssistantSecretary, lodgeSecretary
1. Perform one single "Officer Funds Transfer"
Where: Untransferred Funds > Confirm Transfer
2. Close Old Accounts
Where: Income/Expenses > Manage Accounts
When you arrive at your Chart of Accounts, you may see historic similar or duplicate income accounts or expense accounts. These may have been set up by you or a prior secretary.
Sometimes a secretary has used the Finances 1.0 Budget Accounts as a way to record each voucher instead of as a Budget. In this case, you'll follow the same steps.
- Any unused Account can be deleted immediately.
- Any Account with income or expenses assigned to it can MOVE EVERY GROUP OF TRANSACTIONS using the "move" icon.
- Delete those duplicate accounts after moving transactions
- Nest appropriate accounts (work with your treasurer to come up with a proper chart of accounts)
Instructions for updating your Chart of Accounts:
3. Perform a Dues Owed Cleanup
Where: Dues / Arrears > Import Dues or Bulk Edit Dues Screen
It's not uncommon when beginning in groupable|m2 that you may find the outstanding Dues Owed (receivables) require attention.
When the Dues & Arrears not reflect the actual Dues Owed, please be sure to update this. You can do this one at a time by looking at the individuals Member Payments screens, or from the Bulk Edit Dues screen, where you can clear out of date receivables.
- When all Dues & Arrears can be cleared for a clean Dues Import, contact your Parent Office or groupable|m2 at email@example.com for assistance.
- Should you need to go back more than four Dues Years, you must do that from an individual Member Payments screen.
- And use this guide when you're starting to enter dues mid-year.
Additional Resources: Groupable|m2 How To Video Playlist