How to Reverse, Correct, and Re-Create an Officer Funds Transfer
Sometimes it is necessary to undo an Officer Funds Transfer in order to change a transaction.
This could be for a myriad of reasons, but the most common are:
- Correction to the Income Account
- Correction to the Payor (either Member or Non-Member)
- Correction to the Income Amount
With the release of Finances 2.0, this process is now straightforward:
- Reverse the Officer Funds Transfer
- Correctly enter the transaction
- Delete the incorrect transaction
- Create an updated Officer Funds Transfer (with the original date of OFT)
Note: when there are existing Untransferred Funds, be sure to exclude them from the updated Officer Funds Transfer!
Reverse the Officer Funds Transfer
Navigate to the applicable OFT:
Confirm cancellation of the transfer:
Correctly Enter the Transaction
Navigate to the Payment screen for the correct Payor and re-enter the transaction. In this example, we keep the Payor the same and correct the Income Account from DUES to Donations:
Delete the incorrect transaction
Now use the trash can to delete the incorrect transaction:
Create an updated Officer Funds Transfer (with the original date of OFT)
In this example, we have unchecked the 11/29/2021 transaction, and updated the Date to the original 11/16/2021 (see the two arrows):
And... viola! You have a corrected Payment History and Officer Funds Transfer!